What’s missing in your everyday eye look? If you have the perfect eyeliner and a bomb eye palette, the only thing left to perfect is mascara. Mascaras serve many purposes, and some serve specific functions while others cover every need. Whether you want longer, darker, or thicker eyelashes, there is a perfect mascara out there waiting for you.
After looking through multiple mascaras, beauty stores, and brands, the three products below are considered to be the best mascaras of the year so far. We have personally researched all three products through reviews, video tutorials, and comparing formulas and brands. Here are the best three mascaras in 2020:
Best Mascara Center
Each of these three mascaras has its own unique qualities to offer. Once you read more about each product, you are sure to find your perfect product.
1. Mad Lash Voluminous Mascara
This mascara comes in part of theBalm Cosmetics’ eye makeup line. The Mad Lash mascara offers curved, volumizing applicator bristles in a cute and creative designed package. Along with the curved bristles, this mascara offers users a water-resistant and cruelty-free eye makeup experience.
- 0.54 fluid ounce
- Black colored product
- Makes lashes appear longer
- Doesn’t clump
- Great for sensitive eyes and skin types
2. stila HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara
This product comes in an intense black shade that lasts throughout the day. It lifts, curls, and volumizes eyelashes in just one stroke of application. This product is made from custom blends of waxes meant to strengthen the eyelashes while going easy on the skin around them.
- 0.44 fluid ounce
- Black shade
- Lasts throughout the day
- Adds length and volume to lashes
- Easy to remove
3. Eyeko Lash Alert Mascara
This product uses Korean cosmetic technology to lock lashes in place and keep them from running throughout the day. The formula is smudge-proof, run proof, and wear-proof. This product will also never flake or crumble. The function of this mascara is to curl lashes while intensifying the color of them, lasting up to 12 hours.
- 0.29 ounces
- Black shade
- Stays in place all day
- Imitates eyelash extensions
- Great for sensitive eyes and skin
- Extremely lengthens eyelashes
- Only takes one coat of application
So, what are some things you should be considering when selecting one of these mascaras? What qualities are most important to you, and which product highlights them in your favorite way? Below is a list of qualities all of these products all include- hopefully, this helps you make the best choice for you.
What makes mascara outstanding?
- Lengthening- are you looking for a mascara that extends your lashes? If your lashes are thick enough on their own but need some extra centimeters on them, finding a mascara formulated to lengthen lashes will be your best bet. There are even some mascaras on the market that lengthen your natural lashes over time when consistently used!
- Wear time- If you have busy days ahead of you, finding a long-lasting mascara can be a lifesaver. The last thing anybody wants is to have their mascara flaking off before the end of their work shift or running the moment they get a little sweaty. Long-lasting formulas in mascaras are a must-have if you select your makeup for both its function and its beauty.
- Volume- Maybe you don’t need extra length on your lashes, but they’re too thin to see. Volumizing mascaras work to curl and thicken the appearance of your lashes for a full, elegant look. People tend to love volumizing mascaras because they offer a thick and full appearance without requiring the assistance of false lashes or lash extensions.
- Formula- Mascaras with cruelty-free and vegan formulas are easy to come by, as well as chemical and toxin-free formulas. If the health of your skin, the environment, or the safety of animals are high on your priority list, be sure to check out our featured cruelty-free and vegan formulated mascaras. Many of the products we feature are also chemical-free, and all are skin safe.
Resistant- If your routine is full of highs and lows, it is important to find a mascara that is resistant to the most common problems mascaras and busy schedules tend to create. Smudging, running, flaking, and clumping are massive beauty mishaps that can all be avoided with resistant product formula. Check your favorite product’s details to see if it can outstand your lifestyle and schedule.
What is the best way to apply mascara?
Most mascaras can be applied by starting at the roots of your top lashes and swishing your hand outward, allowing your lashes to curl through the bristles as you go. For different formulas and functions in mascaras, however, the packaging of a product may suggest a different application method.
Do mascaras come in more than black?
Yes. There are many fun and colorful mascaras out there. However, if you don’t want to break the bank on a rainbow of a mascara collection, an easy tip is to apply powdered eyeshadow of any color onto your black mascara (once it’s on your eyelashes) before it dries. If you do this quick enough, it will last all day and stay in place until removed.
What’s a good way to remove mascara?
Sometimes eye products can be difficult to remove. Most mascaras can be taken off with a makeup removing wipe or eye makeup remover in a paper towel. Simply close your eyes and run your cleaner of choice across your eyelashes a few times, then clean up the smudges under your eyes if they appear during this process. (Some people also like to pick at mascara as the day winds down, but that is very unhealthy for your lashes!)
Can mascaras volumize and lengthen at the same time?
Yes! Many mascaras do both the main functions of mascaras at the same time. In fact, all three of our featured mascaras do both of these functions.