Getting started in the makeup world can be intimidating. With so many products being thrown at you through advertisements and shop displays, finding the right way to begin can be hard to accomplish. Makeup kits exist to give users a wide-ranged array of products in one convenient package to make the transition into the beauty world as smooth as possible.
We’ve looked through product reviews, video tutorials, and brand standards to find the best three makeup kits of 2020. After comparing elements such as formulas, finishes, and pigmentation, we are certain these three makeup kits are the best in the game. These kits are guaranteed to rock your world, whether you are a beginner or a seasoned professional. Here are the top three makeup kits of 2020.
Best Makeup Kit Center
Each of these three makeup kits has something unique to offer. All three of these kits can be used wonderfully together since they each cover a different beauty function. After reading more on each makeup kit, you are sure to find your perfect product.
1. Stila Correct And Perfect All In One Color Correcting Palette
This color-correcting palette includes all colors you could ever need to even out your skin tone and conceal any blemishes while getting a natural finish. With seven pans to choose from, all skin tones, shades, and blemish types are accounted for with this product. The convenient palette it comes in is both stylish and practical.
- 0.45 ounce
- 5 creams and 2 powders
- includes instruction chart
- wide variety of colors
- variety in product form
2. HAUS LABORATORIES by Lady Gaga: HAUS of Collections: 3-Piece Set
This makeup kit includes one liquid eyeshadow, one lip liner pencil and a lip gloss. Designed by pop star Lady Gaga, this kit comes in a number of different color combinations that are sure to drive you wild. Whether you are experimenting with glitter for the first time or want a new and bold lip look, your needs will be met and fulfilled with this professional kit.
- Eyeshadow in liquid form
- Lip liner in pencil form
- Long lasting
- Easy to apply
- For all learning levels
3. jane iredale Starter Kit
This makeup kit has everything you could ever need for starting your face makeup journey. From powders to a liquid foundation to a beautiful setting brush, this kit has all of the bases covered. All of the products in this kit are conveniently enclosed in a compact makeup bag and the kit itself can be ordered in multiple different shades.
- six-piece set
- 5.24 ounces in total
- powder, liquid and spray forms included
- full coverage
- natural looking finish
- long lasting
- silky to the touch
So, what are some things you should be considering when selecting a makeup kit? What qualities are most important to you, and which product highlights them in your favorite way? These kits can certainly be used together, but if you are going to only choose one, it’s important to check that it meets all of the below standards.
What makes a makeup kit outstanding?
- Wear time- How long do you want your look to last? Are you on the run all day or staying in one spot? Do you wear your makeup for ten hours or two? Wear time regards how long a product will stay on your skin before breaking down, running off, or smearing. Regardless of what type of kit you select, it is important that it will last throughout your day.
- Formula- If you care about keeping your skin and the environment safe, be sure to check out the formulas in these three kits. Some of the products here are certified cruelty free and vegan, so if that is important to you, be sure to check the details on your kit of choice. FInding a kit with ingredients that suit you and keep your skin healthy is one of the most important things to remember when shopping.
- Shade range- Everybody loves finding their perfect match. To so many people, supporting brands that cater to the possible skin tones is of utmost importance. With the human race being so diverse, supporting brands with large shade ranges helps improve the diversity and inclusivity of the beauty community as a whole.
Makeup Kit FAQs
What are some pros to purchasing makeup kits?
Typically, buying a makeup kit means you will save money and get more products in one place. Kits are helpful for keeping a budget while still looking fabulous as well as getting to try multiple products at a time that may be new to you.
Can you make an entire makeup collection solely of kits?
Different brands make kits with different contents, but there are so many makeup kits on the market, you could probably fill entire skincare and makeup routine with only kits. In fact, you almost can do that with the three kits in this article alone!
How can I ensure I pick my right shade when buying kits online?
Most of the time, if a makeup kit contains face makeup such as foundation or tinted powders, they will indicate what the shade colors are and what skin types will work best with them on the packaging of the makeup kit.
Are the products in makeup kits tailored to work well with each other, or are they mixed and matched?
It depends. Most of the time, however, all the contents in a makeup kit are specifically designed to go together as one all-encompassing look.
Are makeup kits the same things as subscription boxes?
No. Although subscription boxes typically contain the same amount of product as most makeup kits, subscription boxes are random and don’t typically make full sets of the product like makeup kits do. However, both of these things are a great way to save money and test new items!