Proper self-care helps to prolong youthfulness. To look attractive, you should remember the basic rules and steps of daily facial care. Let’s find out how to care for your face and what cosmetic products will help you with this.
Why You Need to Take Care of Your Skin Every Day
Throughout the day, contaminants form on the dermis that is invisible at first glance. Traces of makeup and dust particles are deposited on the skin. If not cleaned regularly or correctly, it can cause the following complications:
- Clogged pores.
- Loss of firmness and elasticity.
- Development of acne and inflammation.
- Disruption of the process of breathing and nutrition of the dermis.
- The appearance of wrinkles.
Daily care should include several consecutive steps, and products should be selected based on age and skin characteristics.
For facial care to be as effective as possible, you need to consider your skin type. There are four types:
- Normal skin. Elastic, resilient skin is of medium density and has an even color. It will tolerate temperature changes – cold and heat does not have enlarged pores and oily sheen, and isn’t prone to inflammation. The normal type is suitable for standard procedures – cleansing, treatment with a tonic and moisturizer, and nutrition.
- Dry skin. Thin, matte skin is prone to dryness, irritation, and peeling due to low sebum activity. It’s characterized by increased sensitivity and early aging. Dry skin requires more intensive moisturizing and nourishing than other skin types. Soft products with a mousse texture that don’t cause allergic reactions and irritations are suitable.
- Oily skin. Thick and dense skin is characterized by enlarged pores, increased sebum production, and oily sheen. It’s prone to the formation of pimples and black dots. Wrinkles appear later in oily skin, so the skin looks younger for longer. Care for oily skin should include thorough cleansing and matting. Masks with clay will help, cleansing, narrowing pores, and removing shine.
- Combination skin. Combines two types at once, can be oily or dry in some areas and normal in others. Care should combine different types of products. Oily areas should be matting cosmetics, dry areas – moisturizing cream, and in the presence of inflammation, suitable bactericidal and drying means.
Before choosing facial cosmetics, you should determine your type.
Essential Steps in Facial Care
Every skin type requires an individual approach. But there are rules that apply to all types. The daily care of any skin type should include several items.
Without this step, the rest of the steps of care are of no use. Clogged pores will never allow cosmetic products to work effectively. The skin should be cleansed twice a day: in the morning and before going to bed. The procedure in the morning helps to get rid of sebum secretions accumulated overnight and dead cells of the epidermis. In the evening, makeup, dust, and other impurities should be removed. Regeneration of the epidermal tissues is active at night.
Combination and oily types are suitable foamy cosmetics – gel or foam for washing. A dry, sensitive dermis requires the use of mild lotion and cleansing milk. Women with a normal type can choose any cosmetics for cleansing. Solid soap dries the skin very much, so it isn’t recommended to use it when washing.
This step is where the remaining cleansing products are removed. The toning process wakes up the skin, activates cellular respiration, and prepares the skin for the cream. Tonic for dry skin helps to retain moisture in the epidermal cells, and products for oily skin allow it to narrow pores and normalize the sebaceous glands.
Care of the dermis with a tonic, as well as cleansing, is required in the morning and evening. At the beginning of the day, use products with antibacterial action – they will help protect the skin from inflammation and acne. Water-based toners that don’t contain alcohol are preferred.
Our skin is our largest organ, but it receives water on the residual principle because the body tries to provide moisture to the internal systems first. In case of water deficiency, the skin becomes dry and thin, and the risk of mechanical damage and rapid aging increases.
A variety of cosmetic products can be used to moisturize: creams, gels, fluids, and serums. It’s necessary to pay attention to the composition of the preparations.
Active moisturizing components:
- Hyaluronic acid.
- Amino acids.
- Aloe vera.
- Lactic, malic, and other acids.
- Vegetable proteins.
- Extracts of plants and seaweed.
- Glucose and other sugars.
Moisturizing cosmetics are applied a few minutes after applying the toner. Thermal water will give your skin an additional supply of moisture. The spray moisturizes during the day and helps to fix your makeup.
A nourishing cream is an essential product that performs several tasks at once. It enriches the skin with vitamins and trace elements, softens the skin, and prevents irritations. It improves skin density and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamins A, E, calcium, and magnesium increase the benefits of cosmetics, while the presence of synthetic oils that clog pores is undesirable.
This type of cream can be used once or twice a day. Evening nourishment is a must. In the cold, when the skin is exposed to stress and lacks of nutrients, the cream should be applied in the morning. Apply the product at least half an hour before going to sleep and avoid touching your face by playing free blackjack online during this time and in the morning – 30 minutes before going outdoors.
The skin should always be protected from negative external factors. Dust, ultraviolet radiation, wind, snow – these phenomena have a negative impact on the condition of the epidermis in different seasons.
The warm season is the period when you should arm yourself with sunscreens with an SPF factor of 30 or higher. Late autumn and winter call for a heavy-bodied, oily cream containing 60% or more oils. Cosmetic silicones in composition help create a thin protective film on the skin’s surface.
The stratum corneum of the skin is renewed on a regular basis. Normally, dead epidermal particles should leave on their own. However, malfunctions of sebaceous glands and environmental influences slow down this process. Dead cells accumulate, making it difficult for nutrients to penetrate. The skin should be helped by exfoliating.
Scrubs and peels are used for this procedure. They refresh and even out the texture of the skin and enhance the benefits of other products. Exfoliating cosmetic products can be used no more often than once every ten days. Cosmetics with large abrasive particles that can traumatize the dermis are not recommended. The most gentle are considered peels and scrubs with acids.
Modern means of makeup provide additional care for the skin. They contain nutrient components and useful additives. It should be borne in mind that decorative cosmetics take care of the skin only with proper selection and application.
- Applying cosmetics should be applied to cleansed, prepared skin.
- Makeup should always be removed at night to avoid clogging of pores.
- The texture should be chosen with your skin type in mind. Powdery products are suitable for oily skin, and liquid and creamy products are for dry skin.
Facial care involves keeping clean the brushes and sponges used to apply makeup. If they are not washed regularly, and on time, bacteria will accumulate on the accessories, which is dangerous to the dermis.
Taking care of your skin on a daily basis is a must for its attractiveness and health. By knowing how to choose cosmetic products and how to properly care for facial skin, everyone will be able to maintain youthful skin.