Want to customize your Minecraft Skin? Got fed up with your recent one and want to change Minecraft Skin? Look no further, as this article will help you to download and change your Minecraft skin easily too in a matter of seconds.
Minecraft is one of the most popular games of all time and is available on about every platform imaginable. One thing you may notice is that there are two distinct versions of Minecraft, each with its own set of rules for how certain actions should be performed.
When playing a game that allows you to completely customize your character’s appearance, like Minecraft, it might be difficult sometimes to find out how to do so. If you want to change your Minecraft skin, do not worry.
Fortunately for you, we’ve put together a guide that will show you how to instantly change the Minecraft skin of your character in the game.
Well, as we know that Minecraft is available on various platforms, we have tried to come up with a detailed guide that will help you change your Minecraft skin on desktop and console. Implement them on any platform, you will be able to easily change your Minecraft skin.
How to Download Minecraft Skins?
To change Minecraft skin, we need to download skins. Right? Various websites offer Minecraft skins for free. The most popular one is MinecraftSkins.com which we use most of the time. We will be using the same as well.
Also, we have compiled a list of the best Minecraft Skins for the year 2022 if you are too lazy to find or search on the website. We have even sub-categorized these best Minecraft skins based on DC, Marvel, Movies, TV shows characters, and much more. Click on the link to find out the best Minecraft skins and download that suit your persona.
For now, find the steps below on how to download Minecraft skins from Minecraftskins.com:
- There are millions of skins on MinecraftSkins.com that you may choose from. So, open https://minecraftskins.com first.
- Home page has the Top Skins section. You can even search your favorite skin using the search bar. Also, there’s a Latest button, click on it and it will reveal the latest skins uploaded by the users. Search other categories as per your liking.
- Once you have finalized the Skin, click on Skin to open the page. After that, you have two options to choose from:
– Upload to Minecraft.net: This will instantly change Minecraft skin if you are logged in on your Minecraft account from the same browser. If not or don’t want to use the skin on the same desktop, it is better to use the second option.
– Download: Click on the Download button to download Minecraft skin on your system.
And that’s how easy it is to download Minecraft skin on your system. Now, as you have downloaded your favorite Minecraft skin, it is time to check how to change Minecraft Skin on the Desktop first.
How to Change Minecraft Skin on a Desktop?
Follow the steps below to change Minecraft skin on the desktop. Make sure that the game should not be running when you are changing your skin color.
Two methods will help you to change Minecraft Skins. Let’s check them one by one:
Ist Method: Change Minecraft Skin Using Minecraftskins.com
- Remember the Upload to Minecraft.net button on Minecraftskins.com that we came across on how to download Minecraft skin? First, select the skin on Minecraftskins.com and click on the Upload to Minecraft.net button.
- You’ll be redirected to the Minecraft.net Skin page in a new tab or window if you are logged in. If not, you will be prompted to log in to your Microsoft account that you use to play Minecraft.
- Go to your account and click on the Upload Custom Skin button, and you’ll find your preferred skin already there that you selected on Minecraftskins.com.
And that’s all! You’ll be sporting your new skin as soon as you start the game! So, this is how you can change Minecraft skin using Minecraftskins.com.
IInd Method: Change Minecraft Skin After Downloading Skin
What if you don’t remember the login ID and password that time? Or maybe you want to change Minecraft skin on a different browser or system. For that, you need to download the skin that we already showed on how to do that.
Assuming, you have to download the skin, follow the steps below to change Minecraft skins on the desktop with ease:
- Open Minecraft.net on your browser.
- Click on Profile Name (find it on the top right-hand corner of the screen). From the drop-down menu, click on the Profile option.
- On the left pane, click on the Skin option. While on the right hand of the screen, you need to click on the Browse button under the Skin section.
- Click on the Select a File button. Find the skin that you have downloaded on your computer a while ago.
- Select the skin and click on the Open button.
- Click on the Save button under Save and Upload section. You will see the new skin when you play the Minecraft game next time.
These are the methods that you can follow to change Minecraft skin on your desktop. It ain’t rocket science and so easy that your granny would do it in just a blink of an eye. Right?
How to Change Minecraft Skin in Minecraft Pocket Edition
Custom skins are still available to those who play Minecraft Pocket Edition, even though it does not provide the complete version of the game. So, if you want to change Minecraft skin in Minecraft PE, follow the steps below:
- Open the browser on your mobile. Open Minecraftskins.com on your browser.
- Select the skin from the ever-growing collection of Minecraft skins.
- Once you are on the skin page, click on the Download button that you will find on the right-hand side of the page. Downloading an image file should begin immediately in the most recent iOS and Android versions.
- Now, open the Minecraft PE app on your mobile, and tap the lower-right coat hanger symbol.
- On the Choose Skin screen, tap tap the blank skin.
- Tap on Choose New Skin button and select the previously downloaded skin from your mobile gallery.
- If you’re not sure which skin model to use, choose the one on the right and then tap on Confirm button to save your selection.
Your character’s default skin should now be the skin you’ve chosen! And that’s how easily you can change Minecraft skin on Minecraft PE.
How to Change Minecraft Skin on Console?
Changing skins in Minecraft on a console is a little more complicated than the technique outlined above.
You can’t download and apply skins on most consoles since they don’t have a mechanism to save downloaded files. Instead, you’re restricted to the selection of skins available in Minecraft, both for free and for a fee.
So, follow the steps below to see how to change Minecraft skin on a console:
- Open the game on Minecraft Console.
- Select the Help & Options button from the menu.
- A new set of options will emerge. Click on Change Skin to proceed further.
- From the left-hand menu, pick a skin pack.
- Select a skin for your character to wear. Press A on Xbox or X on Playstation to set the selected Minecraft skin as your character’s default. Once you are done, you will see a green checkmark on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
This is how you can change Minecraft’s skin on the console and show your persona. Please note that you will be sent to your platform’s store to purchase the skin you’ve picked if it’s not free.
Have you Started Changing Minecraft Skin?
When you’re playing Minecraft and want to appear like a different character, you have a lot of options to select from. Some of the options are free, while others need the purchase of additional DLC packs to access.
What do you need to take on the appearance of a different creature? I hope this guide was helpful to know how to change Minecraft skin on desktop, mobile, or console. If you liked it, please consider telling your friends about it!
Also, if you are facing any problems in following our guide on how to change Minecraft skin, do let us know and we will try to fix it as soon as possible.