Botox is an injectable meant to treat issues related to muscle spasms. In medicine, it works perfectly to deal with such health issues as urinary incontinence (overactive bladder syndrome), cervical dystonia, chronic migraines, and many others. As for cosmetic purposes, botulinum toxins are incredibly useful for skin aging prevention and wrinkles reduction; crow’s feet, frown lines, and other dynamic wrinkles are usually the target.
However, as the product is becoming more trendy now, scammers are also becoming more active. The number of fake Botox products out there is truly terrifying, and nobody is 100% protected from it. But we have good news for you: it is possible to distinguish a counterfeit product from the original one, and in today’s article, we would like to discuss this topic in more detail!
How to spot counterfeit botulinum toxin? Recommendations for patients
When it comes to aesthetic medicine treatments, it is crucial not to ignore one’s safety and make sure everything used during the procedure is of the highest quality and a specialist who performs it is experienced and well-educated. Thus, we recommend people to pay attention to the following aspects:
- Make sure you use the services of board-certified plastic surgeons or dermatologists. The qualification of a specialist is crucial for the treatment (and it doesn’t matter whether you need dermal fillers or Botox for the appearance improvement);
- Don’t believe in “special offers” on the streets, at parties, or at other non-medical establishments. This is just a trick that won’t have positive outcomes. Aesthetic products can only be used in a clinic by medical professionals with valid licenses;
- Ask the doctor where he usually buys beauty products and whether they are FDA-approved. Based on the way they answer, you may understand a lot;
- Ask a specialist to show the goods they are going to use. Each vial of Botox has a hologram on the front to prove its authenticity. Moreover, the lot number on the bottle should match the number of the box. If a specialist refuses to show you the bottle, it is better to think twice about whether to allow them to inject anything under your skin;
- Study the solution. It should be colorless (or almost colorless), sometimes yellowish, without undissolved foreign particles inside the liquid.
Can I buy Botox online to use it at home?
Botox, for a safe treatment, is a product widely used in both cosmetic and medical spheres; thus, it may be characterized as one of the prescription medications not available for anyone who would like to use it. In order to buy Botox online, you need to be a licensed medical professional with qualifications high enough to use this injectable for the patients’ treatments.
When choosing a reliable supplier, it is crucial to check their reputation and the experience of other customers carefully in order not to become a victim of scammers; we’d recommend reading reviews, speaking to the manager to make sure they know everything about the product they sell, and ordering small amounts of the injectable to see whether all you’ve purchased is of high quality and suitable for safe treatments.
Also, don’t forget that there are plenty of suppliers out there (such as PDcosmetics), so it is possible to choose the one with the most beneficial ordering conditions. You deserve all the best: wholesale prices, genuine products, and fast delivery!
Serious adverse reactions after the fake Botox
Even though hypersensitivity reactions and other side effects are completely normal for botulinum toxins and other preparations used for skin rejuvenation, some symptoms can still be dangerous and should be informed to a specialist immediately in order to avoid various life-threatening conditions. However, all of those are not serious at all compared to the consequences of counterfeit Botox injectables. Below, we are going to list some common symptoms from the least to the most threatening:
- Extreme bruising;
- Lumps under the skin;
- Muscle droopiness;
- Botulism poisoning;
- Partial paralysis of the treated zone and those close to it.
If you were treated with fake Botox and noticed any of these adverse reactions, seek medical help immediately. These conditions should be taken under control in the shortest terms to preserve one’s health and don’t let any of the reactions develop into something life-threatening. So, we would recommend always checking the preparation medical expert uses, as well as making sure the doctor is indeed a qualified specialist.
The final word
Botox is a product that can bring great benefits to a patient, as well as enormous damage. If the fake solution is used during the procedure, it may lead to severe symptoms and unexpected complications afterward. Follow a few simple steps to protect yourself from fraud: check holograms and numbers on the box and vials, inspect the solution, and talk with a specialist about where they usually purchase Botox. We are sure you will be able to distinguish an authentic injection from the fake one!