Facebook is the most popular social media app used by millions of people worldwide. The craze for Facebook is because they come to introduce new features from time to time. This actually makes their social media platform more exciting for everyone and they continue using it.
Sometime before, they have introduced the Dating feature in Facebook which was appreciated by the young users. Though, Facebook Dating is available in only a few countries still people love it. Moreover, Facebook Dating is a great addition for those who are looking to meet new people around their region and create new relationships.
Also Checkout: Best Free Live Sports Streaming Sites
What is Facebook Dating?
Facebook Dating is a deadly combination of popular features from apps like Bumble and Tinder. And the best part, it is right integrated into the most popular social media platform so you don’t have to install another app to use.
However, some users complained that they are not able to use the Facebook Dating feature on their mobile phones. Well, we have some fixes if Facebook Dating not showing up/not working on your mobile. But before that, we should check whether Facebook Dating is enabled or not on your app.
How to Enable Facebook Dating?
To enable Facebook Dating on your app, please follow the steps below that will help you:
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile phone.
- Tap on Menu (icon with three parallel lines) on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on Dating option you will find on this page. You will be able to date on Facebook after following the on-screen instructions.
Why Facebook Dating is Not Showing Up / Not Working?
Facebook Dating not working even after enabling the feature? The reason Facebook dating doesn’t show up may be due to several factors. Here are a few of them:
- You are under 18 years old, so you cannot create your own account.
- Trouble connecting to the Internet.
- Your notifications have been disabled.
- The cache is still not deleted on your mobile device.
Also Read: Best Couple Games
How to Fix Facebook Dating Not Showing Up?
If you think everything mentioned above is not one of the factors that Facebook Dating is not working on your mobile, there there are a few solutions to overcome this problem. We will be guiding you through this article to fix Facebook Dating not working problem. Look at all the solutions one by one and let’s solve this problem quickly.
1. Turn On Location Services for Facebook App
It is imperative that you turn on your phone’s location services if you are using Facebook for the first time. Using location services, Facebook suggests people nearby who are using its dating app. To fix Facebook dating app crashing, you need to turn on location settings:
- Go to Settings on your phone by tapping the Gear icon. Choose Apps & Notifications.
- Click on App Info from here.
- Select Facebook from here. Click on Permissions.
- Toggle on the Location option from here.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone. Click on Privacy under the Settings app.
- In here, you need to select Location Services.
- Once you are inside Location Services menu, find Facebook app.
- From here, you can choose While Using the App and toggle on Precise Location.
2. Enabling the Facebook App Notification
There is a possibility that Facebook notifications have been turned off or disabled and that is why Facebook dating feature is not sending any new notifications. To ensure that Facebook notifications are turned on, follow the below steps:
- Follow Step 1-3 from Turn on Location Services for Facebook App.
- Choose App Notifications rather than Permissions in this step.
- Enable notifications for that app by toggling ON button on the top.
- Go to Settings app on your iPhone. Click on Notifications by scrolling down a little.
- Find Facebook App and make sure that you Toggle on Allow Notifications.
- To be double sure you do not miss any notifications, make sure to tick mark Lock Screen, Notification and Banners.
3. Update Facebook Book to Fix Facebook Dating Not Working
An outdated version of Facebook might be a major cause of Facebook Dating Not Working. Here are the steps you need to take to update your Facebook app to the latest version:
- To upgrade, go to the PlayStore (On Android) or AppStore (On iPhone) and look if there’s any update available for Facebook app.
- You can also choose to automatically download updates and make sure to update the Facebook app if there are any. When the update is complete, check if Facebook Dating not showing up issue is fixed.
4. Check your WiFi Connection if Facebook Dating is Not Loading
Facebook Dating sometimes does not load on your phone and that can be caused by an unstable internet connection. Do check that your WiFi connection is working properly or not by following a few simple steps:
- For 5 minutes, you can turn off your router or contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Turn on the Airplane Mode for 3 seconds and turn it off again.
- Once you are done with that, turn on your mobile data and check if Facebook Dating not loading issue has been fixed or not.
5. Uninstall the Facebook app and Reinstall it
Sometimes, if no solution works, then what you can do is uninstall the app and reinstall it again. To do so, have a look at the below steps.
- Follow Step 1 – 3 from Turn on Location Services for Facebook App.
- Click on Uninstall button at the top of the screen.
- Now, find Facebook app from the Play Store and install it once again.
- Click and hold on to the Facebook app. A menu will appear. Click on Edit Home Screen.
- Press the Grey Minus Icon once the app starts shaking. This will uninstall the Facebook app.
- Now, find Facebook app from the Play Store and install it once again.
6. Clear your Mobile Device Cache
Some of the time, mobile device cash could be the culprit resulting in Facebook dating disappearing. Therefore, clearing the cache on your mobile device will solve the Facebook Dating not working issue. To clear mobile cache, check the below steps:
- Go to Settings app on your phone. Click on Storage & Memory option.
- There will be two tabs, click on Internal Shared Storage on Storage Settings tab.
- From the Storage & Memory, click on Other Apps option.
- Find Facebook, click on the app name and click on Clear Cache.
- Go to Settings app on your iPhone. Click on General.
- In here, you need to select iPhone Storage.
- Find the Facebook app and click on Offload App that will help you to free up storage used by the app by clearing cache and unnecessary junk.
7. Restart your Device
Facebook Dating not working can be solved by turning your phone off and then turning it back on again, which will refresh the settings.
8. Facebook is Down? Find Out if the Service is Down
If there are other users reporting Facebook Dating Not Working, then the site must be down. Search Twitter for #facebookdown and you will get to know that Facebook is down for you or others too. If you find other users are reporting the same problem, sit back and relax.
9. Connect with Facebook
In the event that none of the above solutions work, then you can go to the Facebook help center and tell them about the problem so that they may fix the Facebook dating app crash.
Facebook’s new Dating feature is rolling out gradually, which means that if you still haven’t got the feature, you will get it soon. Those who have gained access to Facebook’s Dating Mode may have noticed that when you are in it, Facebook will show you ads for other users in the Dating category.
This article about how to fix Facebook dating not showing up was written with the goal of solving the problem with ease. Users have already been using Facebook Dating and having fun with the like-minded people around their region.
In case you’re not able to take advantage of this new feature, follow the above solutions that will help you to solve Facebook Dating not working issue on your phone.