So, you have your eyebrow game on point. You have the perfect product and your natural brows are glowing and bold. The very last step in completing the best bold brow (or soft brow, if that’s your look) is a reliable eyebrow brush. Eyebrow brushes can be used to distribute product evenly through your eyebrow, brush your natural brow out before trimming or sleeking your hairs down before applying a serum or cleaner. Sure, a lot of eyebrow products come with their own brushes, but the money and time spent designing a cosmetic formula is never equal to throwing a generic brush in with it. Those generic brushes have many uses, but finding a reliable, multi-use eyebrow brush can change your routine forever in the best way.
These three eyebrow brushes have endured and risen to the top of all product reviews and video tutorials. Their design and unique versatility will have you in awe as you select your new favorite makeup tool. Here are the best three eyebrow brushes in 2020:
Best Eyebrow Brush Center
Each of these three brushes has something unique to offer. Below are in-depth descriptions for each brush so you can be certain you are making the right decision when selecting your newest makeup tool. We promise they won’t disappoint.
1. JAPONESQUE Brow & Lash Shaper
This three-headed brush has all you could ever need and more in a cosmetic tool. With a double-sided brush for hairs and lashes on one side and a classic spoolie head on the other, you can tweak, smooth and curl your lashes and brows all with the same tool. The spoolie brush is perfect for distributing product while either of the two brush heads on the other side can be used for straightening hairs or setting them in place before applying product.
- Three brushes in one
- Spoolie brush is bendable
2. Pretty Vulgar Brow Brush: High Standards
This brush has a spoolie on one end and an angled brush on the other. It is perfect as a quick and easy tool to help shape your eyebrows when in a hurry, as the simple design and straightforward use make the use of this product a breeze.
- Double sided
- Well made and sturdy
- Easy to use
- Brush has strong bristles
- Spooly is easy to maneuver
3. jane iredale Deluxe Spoolie Brush
This spoolie brush is flexible and durable so you will never be left hanging with it in your makeup kit. With strong bristles and an easy to grip design, this brush will clean up your brows and distribute product evenly quickly and efficiently.
- Single brush head
- Tough bristles
- Flexible base
- Easy to use
- Easy to grip
- Easy to clean
So, what are some things you should be considering when selecting one of these brushes? What qualities are most important to you, and which brush highlights them in your favorite way? Below is a list of qualities all of these tools have- hopefully, this helps you make the best choice for you.
What makes an eyebrow brush outstanding?
- Texture- Many brushes have different textures. Be sure to read reviews and details on your favorite brush from above to see what the texture of the bristles are like. Some people prefer tough and firm bristles for precise grooming while others prefer soft bristles to blur and evenly distribute the product. Once you know what bristly texture will work best for you, check back on your brush of choice to see if it still lives up to your standards. There is bound to be a brush within this selection that is made just for you and your needs.
- Durability- Most people that use eyebrow brushes use them on a daily basis, whether it’s to distribute products or brush out their hair before applying any product to them. Finding a brush that is durable and strong will ensure you don’t run into split brush ends (because the ones in our actual hair can be bad enough) or backward bent bristles when you’re in a rush to finish your look for the day. All three of the brushes featured above are sturdy and durable, so you can know you won’t be left hanging.
- Flexibility- What are you planning on doing with your brush? Do you need it to make sharp angles and fill in even the smallest of spaces? If so, you’ll want to find a brush that is flexible and precise. Spoolie brushes, in particular, are best when bendy because they allow for angles and corners to be met flawlessly. All three brush options above have flexible spoolie brushes. Does the one you currently have at home have that?
- Versatility- Not everyone needs a brush with multiple functions. If you do, however, finding a brush with versatile ends and uses can simplify your beauty routine and keep your makeup bag free of the clutter having multiple tools can bring.
Reusability- Obviously every cosmetic brush can be used more than once, but can all of them be washed as often as needed? Not exactly. Most dermatologists recommend people who apply makeup on a regular basis to wash all of their makeup tools and brushes every 14 days. Finding a brush that can survive that amount of grooming is a surefire way to ensure you stay clean, healthy, and away from the drugstore at 10 p.m. to buy a backup brush.
Eyebrow Brush FAQs
What is the best way to use an angled brush?
Angled brushes work best with any form of brow product. Simply collect your product of choice onto the tip of the angled brush and use it to outline, then fill, the shape and angles of your natural brow. You can build up the shape of your brow if you desire.
What is the best way to use a spoolie brush?
For the eyebrows, spoolie brushes can help smooth out hairs before makeup application or distribute product evenly after its application. Spoolie brushes are also great for grooming and curling eyelashes. These brushes are handy to have around because of how versatile and easy to understand they are.
What is the best way to clean eyebrow brushes?
Once you’ve found a cleaner you like (we recommend Thieves or Jane Iredale for their chemical-free properties), scrub it into the brush thoroughly and rinse well. Tip: if you have any lavender or thieves oil at home, adding a drop to a dried and cleaned makeup brush can add extra strength, moisture, and sanitation to your brush until you clean it again. Some essential oils even help repair damaged brushes.