United States Postal Service (USPS) is one of the most premier postal services in the world that is known for its outstanding service throughout the world. It has come up with various types of services not only for the people of the United States but also for the rest of the world. Among the entire services that USPS provides one most unique and outstanding services is the USPS mail forwarding service. Now as a USPS customer you may be highly curious to know about this service and want to avail it. Hence, in this article, we have come with every detail of this service as well as we will let you know how to update and stop the USPS mail forwarding service.
When a person changes his or her address due to any reason he will certainly like to receive his or her mail or delivery service. For receiving the mail or package in the new address the first thing that he needs to do is to inform all his concerned people who are likely to send him mail or service about the new address. Similarly, it becomes his duty to duly inform USPS about his change of address otherwise USPS will keep on sending the mail to his old address as it is not informed about the new address. If USPS sends the mail to the old address it is obvious that he will not receive the mail and hence there will be huge chaos. In order to eliminate this kind of problem USPS has introduced this service.
How Can You Update or Stop USPS Mail Forwarding Service?
In USPS, you can update or stop your USPS mail forwarding service and for that, you just need to submit a form. USPS mail forwarding service is a simple process and you have to go through the following steps:
- Login to USPS which is www.usps.com.
- On the USPS site, you will get the ‘Track & Manage’ menu.
- Under this menu, there is an option ‘Change of Address’.
- Click on the option ‘Change of Address’
- Then it will be redirected to a new web page
- Scroll down and find the link ‘Have you already changed your address? View or Edit?’
- Click on this link and a new web page will open
- Here you have to enter a 16 digit confirmation code. You will receive this confirmation code in your email if you had raised the request for change of address online but if you had requested physically by going to the post office then the confirmation code will be available in the document which you have received after giving the request for your new address.
- Now you have to enter your new ZIP code in the next text box and click on the Submit button.
- Then all the information will be displayed on the screen and you will be able to cancel or change the address order as required. You will get may editable options and you just need to click on those options for editing.
- You can enter the new address. Apart from that, if you need you can change your email address as well as your phone number if required.
- You will also get a mail forwarding reminder of the expiration date.
- You will also be able to modify the end date if you have generated a temporary move request. You will be able to change the temporary move into a permanent address.
- You will also be able to change your family to move into an individual move. But there is no option for vice versa and it will not allow you to change individual move to family move.
- Once you do it you will be able to stop or update your change of address.
These are the steps that you need to follow for changing or updating the change of address request. Another important thing that you must know is that if you want to change the information that is not editable on the webpage then you will need to stop the change of address order and after that, you have to file a new change of address order. Again if there is any information that is unavailable on the web page then also you have to cancel the order and file a new order. However, you must keep in mind that the link ‘Have you already changed your address? View or Edit?’ will only allow you to change the address for two times and if you try to edit more than twice then it will show you an error message ‘You have to exceed the number of changes that you can make on the same day. Please try after 48 hours’. However, if you want to stop your change of address then you will be able to try more than twice. In case the customer lost their confirmation code then they have to visit your nearest Post Office and request them to stop mail forwarding order or update the information on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Q.1. How Do I Change My Mail Forwarding Date?
It is simple to change your mail forwarding date. You have to log in to your USPS.com account and select the “Quick Tools” tab and click on Change My Address then you will be redirected to the USPS official change of address form. You can change your older address and the date you want your mail to forward.
Q.2. Can You Cancel USPS Mail Forwarding?
Yes, it is easy to cancel your mail forwarding request. You will need the confirmation number printed on the top of the mailing form and the zip code where you have had forwarded the mail. Login to your account to edit the mailing request or to cancel it.
Q.3. How Long Does It Take To Stop Mail Forwarding?
Once you have started the process to cancel the mail forwarding request, it may take 72 hours to complete this process.
Q.4. How Do I Stop Mail Forwarding Without Confirmation Code?
If you have lost the confirmation code then you can’t stop mail forwarding online. You will have to visit the nearest post office to stop the USPS mail forwarding.