Don’t want the video to play when listening to songs? Find easy and quick ways to convert MP4 to MP3. Keep on reading!
An MP4 file is a video and audio compression format. This is used in the industry to store videos, music, TV shows, and more. MP4 players that support this type of file extension are needed to play your content or transfer it to other devices.
When searching for free music, it is not uncommon to download MP4 files. This file format is fine to use with videos software but what if you just want to listen to music from the video. When listening to music on your computer or phone, you will get the best sound quality by converting MP4 files to MP3.
This article will be featuring all the ways possible to convert MP4 to MP3 using online converters and software presented on your computer. But, before, is it really necessary to convert MP4 to MP3 format? Let’s see in the coming section to know why you need to convert MP4 to MP3 format?
Why Do You Need to Convert MP4 to MP3 Format?
A conversion is required when you’re only interested in the audio content of the MP4 file. You are basically in love with the audio content and video is of no use. There’s no need to keep the video file as it requires a lot of space on your computer.
How to Convert MP4 to MP3
There are several methods to convert MP4 to MP3 format and this article will showcase the easiest ways so that it won’t be hard for you to follow these steps.
So, let’s not just waste the time, and dive into all the ways to convert MP4 files to MP3 without much fuss.
1. How to Convert MP 4 to MP3 Using Cloud Convert Method
CloudConvert.com is an online file converter tool that will use to convert MP4 files to MP3 format. By using CloudConvert, you can convert files using a stand-alone, intuitive cloud-based service.
Using CloudConvert is very simple, you just have to have an internet connection and it works on any browser. With it, you can convert more than 200 formats for free, without any additional software – and most importantly, from MP4 to MP3.
So, let’s see how you can use CloudConverd to convert MP4 to MP3.
- 1. Search for CloudConvert on the URL tab or open CloudConvert.com directly. You will see something like the below image once you open it.
- Click on the Select File section in the middle of the page to select the video files you wish to convert to MP3. After that, you will see a list of the locations from where you can select the MP4 file that you want to convert.
You can also select a file from a URL or from your computer, from Google Drive, DropBox, or OneDrive by clicking on the Drop Down Arrow icon to the right of Select File.
I’ll be choosing From My Computer as the MP4 file which I want to convert lies in my computer.
- Select the desired file from your computer. Once the MP4 file is uploaded on the browser, click the Drop-Down Arrow next to Convert to option button.
- Hover on to Music option which will show you all the formats available that you can convert to.
- From the options shown, click on MP3 from the drop-down list.
- Once you click on your desired format, a Wrench icon will emerge. Click on that Wrench icon will open a pop-up that will help you to adjust the audio bit rate, audio Qscale, volume, and length.
- Choose the settings as you want it or leave it as it is. Click on Okay once you have finished.
- Once you have set your desired output preferences, click the red Convert button on the right side of the page. You can change your mind for whatever reason by clicking the cancellation button.
- Once you click on the Convert button, it would take some time to upload and process your request. It will depend on the size of your file. Once the process is complete, a preview of the file will be shown, you can click on Dowload button if you are OK with the result.
That is it, this is how you can convert MP4 to MP3 format using the CloudConvert online converter tool. I’m sure that was pretty easy to do, right?
2. How to Convert MP4 to MP3 Using VLC Media Player
Well, I’m not sure you are aware of the fact that if you use VLC Media Player on your computer, you won’t be needing any tool for file extension conversion. The VLC Media Player supports converting extensions in a flee if you are using it.
Let’s see how you can use VLC Media Player to convert MP4 to MP3 format:
- Open VLC Media Player on your computer. Click Media option on the menu that you will find on top of the VLC Media player.
- There will be a drop-down menu showing many options. Select Convert/Save option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Add button under the File tab to find the MP4 file that you want to convert to MP3 format.
- Click Open after selecting the MP4 file from your computer. Once done, click on Convert/Save after selecting the video file.
- Once you click on Convert/Save, a new window will open. Click on Profile section on the page and there you will find a drop-down menu. Select Audio-MP3 from the drop-down menu.
- In the Save as type option, you’ll see an MP3 option, which means the new file will be in MP3 format. Click on Start after setting all the options.
The process of converting MP4 to MP3 format may take a while depending on how much the size of MP4 file is. After the process is done, you can check the MP3 file where you have saved it. And that’s how you convert MP4 to MP3 format using VLC Media Player.
3. How to Convert MP4 to MP3 Using Windows Media Player
If you are using Windows PC, there are chances that Windows Media Player is on your computer. Using Windows Media Player, you can convert MP4 files to MP3 format, and that too in a few easy steps. Let’s check how you can do it too.
- The menu bar does not appear when launching Windows Media Player. Click on Organize category once you open the Windows Media Player to open the Menu bar.
- Once you click on Organize, a drop-down menu will be open. Hover on Layout and there will be a few options. Click on Show Menu Bar to reveal it.
- Once the Menu bar is displayed on top of the Windows Media Player, click on File option.
- You need to click on Save As option to save your file in MP3 format.
- Click Save and choose where to save the file. MP3 files will then be available where you have saved.
That is it, this is how you can convert MP4 files to MP3 using Windows Media Player.
4. How to Convert MP4 to MP3 Using Apple Music App
If you have an Apple Music application on your Mac, you can use that too to convert MP4 to MP3 format. Check the step-by-step process below on how to use the Apple Music app for converting the MP4 extension to MP3.
- Go to Apple Music App on Mac and open the application.
- Click on Music option on Menu which you will find on top of the app window.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Click on Preferences option to proceed further.
- Once you click on Preferences, settings will be open. Select Import Settings from the Files Tab from there.
- Once you click on Import Settings, a new window will open. Click on Import Using on top of the window and choose MP3 Encoder. Click OK on the bottom of the settings.
- Browse your library for the files you want to convert. Choose File from the menu. Click on the Convert and then Create MP3 version. Doing this, your MP4 file will get converted to MP3 format.
That’s it, this is how you can use the Apple Music app to convert MP4 to MP3 format without thinking too much. This was easy too, right?
So, these are all the methods through which you can easily convert MP4 to MP3 format. This article discusses the best methods for converting MP4 files to MP3 files so you don’t have to worry about finding another method.
Regardless of which method you choose, the final result will be the same. Just convert the MP4 files into MP3 format, and you can enjoy it on any MP3 player.
If you have any other method to convert MP4 to MP3, do let us know in the comments section below. This would help our readers.