Want to convert MKV videos to MP4? Not one, but we have presented three ways in this article that will help you to convert MKV to MP4 format. Keep on reading.
If you are dealing with not supporting MKV videos to your device then you have to convert MKV to MP4. In this article, you will learn how to convert MKV to MP4 easily without any fuss. There are a few ways that you can try to convert MKV to MP4 and trust me all are very easy to follow.
But before solving this issue, there is something to tell you is that MKV is an open-source media format, it is not an industry-standard format. That is why sometimes you find some of the devices or software might give you errors and won’t play the MKV files. And that time, it becomes essential to convert MKV to MP4 or some other supportive software.
Now, it is easy for you to know why there is an issue while playing MKV video to your device so, let’s get into the topic and solve the problem.
There are a few methods from which you can easily convert MKV to MP4, just follow a few steps and you will assuredly, do the needful. Let’s check all these methods one by one:
Method 1: How to Convert MKV to MP4 using VLC Media Player?
VLC is the most common video player used by millions of people around the world. This is one media player that you throw any kind of file and VLC will pay easily but do you know using this app you can convert media files to different formats as well. Let’s see how can VLC will help us to convert MKV to MP4 in a step-by-step way.
1. Download the app from the Video LAN’s website https://www.videolan.org/vlc/ downloads if you haven’t used VLC on your machine earlier.
2. Once you open the VLC player on your Mac or Windows, you will see the File option on top of the screen. Click on the File option and then choose Convert/Stream from the drop-down list.
3. Once you click on the above option, you will see a pop-up window. Click on Open Media and find the MKV file which you want to convert. Alternatively, you can directly drop the MKV file in this window.
After selecting the media, you need to Choose Profile and you will see various options in which you can convert your MKV file. However, as we want to convert the MKV file to MP4, we will choose Vide0-H.264+ MP3 (MP4) format.
Select the Destination by clicking on Choose Destination option where you want to save your file.
Once you are satisfied with all the settings, you can click on the Go button that you will find on the bottom right of the screen.
This will start the process of converting MKV files to MP4 format. Once it is done, you will see the new MP4 file on the same destination that you saved. But the old MKV file still exists, if you don’t want it in the future you can delete the MKV file to save the storage on your desktop or laptop.
That’s it, this is how you can convert MKV to MP4 using VLC Media Player.
Method 2: How to Convert MKV to MP4 Using Free Software HandBrake
HandBrake is an open-source free tool that can be used to convert nearly any format to the codec you want. It’s a pretty straightforward process to change the media files in HandBrake.
HandBrake is available for – Windows, macOS, and Linux so you don’t need to worry about OS you are using on your device. You can easily convert a single file as well as a set of files from the software. Let’s see how we can use the HandBrake tool to convert MKV files to MP4 format.
1. If you don’t have HandBrake software then you can easily download it from the link https://handbrake.fr/
2. When you open the HandBrake tool for the first time on your device, you will see a blank playlist. Select the Open Source option on the top-left corner. Find the MKV file you want to convert or you can drag your file.
2. There will plethora of options, so don’t get confused just check the format should be in MP4 format.
3. By default, your new MP4 file will be saved on the Desktop. If you want to change the location, click on Browse found on the bottom right corner to save file to your desired location.
4. Once you are happy with your desired location, click on Start/Convert icon you will find on top of the bar as shown in the below image.
5. After that, you will see the finished message at the bottom. It means your file is converted successfully. And that is how you can convert MKV to MP4 effortlessly using HandBrake software in your Windows, macOS, or Linux systems.
Method 3: How to Convert MKV to MP4 Format Using CloudConverter Online Tool
If you are not keen to download software on your device to convert MKV files to MP4 format. You can do the same by using an online converter known as CloudConverter.
It is one of the simplest and easiest to convert the file, you just have to open and select the file which you want to convert into Mp4 format.
So, here’s the procedure to convert MKV to MP4 format using the CloudConverter online tool.
1. Open CloudConvert home page (https://cloudconvert.com/ ) and click on Select File to choose the file from your desktop/laptop.
2. Click on Convert to option after your selection is done.
3. Once you click on Convert to, you will find plenty of formats to choose from. Just click on MP4 format.
4. Once you selected the MP4 format, click on Convert button which will start the process of converting the file from MKV to MP4.
5. The process will depend on the size of your MKV file. It might take a few seconds to a few minutes. Just hang tight. You will check the processing of your file as shown in the below image.
6. Once the process is complete, there will be a pop-up window that will preview your file in MP4 format. If you are happy with the result, click on Download button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
6. Clicking on the Download button will save your file on your Desktop. Click on X button next to Download so that your files will be deleted from their cloud servers in the next 24 hours.
That is it, this is how you can convert MKV files to MP4 format using the CloudConverter tool. If you want to convert the files regularly then can add Cloud Convert Chrome Extension. (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cloudconvert/hfpmbfgodkfcebpgheiedaddoikmljkk ).
These are the following ways, in which you can easily convert MKV to MP5 format. Be it converting files using VLC Media Player, CloudConverter, or HandBrake tool, all the above methods are super easy to do.
If you use any other methods to convert MKV to MP4, do let us in the comments section below to help our readers.