Have you been looking for the perfect foundation? Have you tried different brands and formulas but can’t seem to find the perfect match? The foundations in this article have been tried and tested, with many satisfied users. Each one has its unique formula and finish, so there is a guaranteed match for anybody within this list. Here are our top three foundations of 2020.
After looking through multiple foundations, beauty stores, and brands, the three products below are considered to be the best foundations of the year so far. I’ve personally researched all three products, and although there is always the odd review out, all products had over 90 percent satisfaction rates. Here are our thoughts on them:
Best Foundation Center
All three of these foundations are highly recommended, but after reading some more about each selection, you’re guaranteed to find your perfect match.
1. Jane Iredale PurePressed base Matte Foundation
This foundation is known for having shades that perfectly match most skin tones. With easily accessible pan refills, this product is an easy and beautiful way to up your beauty game. This product is made from mineral bases and is completely oil-free, almost guaranteeing to not irritate the skin.
- 100% color match guarantee
- Recommended and endorsed by the Skin Care Foundation
- Reef safe
- Comes in pressed powder form
- Can be used as a broad-spectrum sunscreen
- Water-resistant up to 40 minutes
- Matte finish
- Contains skin-healthy antioxidants
2. Dermablend Cover Creme
This product is, as stated on the product webpage, a “high-performance” cream-based foundation with over 22 shades to choose from. This product also has a 100 percent shade match guarantee. With intense hydration and vitamin infusions, this product is sure to keep you glowing all day.
- SPF 30
- Paraben-free formula
- Dermatologist recommended brand
- Helps strengthen skin
- Never cakey
- Maximum coverage
3. Dermablend Flawless Creator Liquid Foundation
This product is weightless and full coverage with up to 16 hours of wear time. With a skin-like finish, clumping and caking will never happen with this foundation. The formula does not include oil or water and in total contains less than 15 ingredients. Finally, this product is suitable for all skin types and textures.
- 2018 Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner
- Weightless effect
- Covers most blemishes and skin imperfections
- Simple formula
- Doesn’t dry up or cake
- Oil-free formula
- Created with pure pigments
- Fragrance-free formula
So, what are some things you should be considering when selecting one of these foundations? What qualities are most important to you, and which product highlights them in your favorite way? Below is a list of qualities all of these foundations exhibit- hopefully, this helps you make the best choice for you.
What makes a foundation outstanding?
- Coverage- There are so many levels of coverage you could be looking for. Most people prefer full coverage (which is an available option for all three of these products, by the way!) because it ensures a foundation will not only last all day but will also stay where you apply it and cover any imperfections. If this is one of your concerns, these three products have you covered.
- Wear time- How long do you want your foundation to last? Are you sitting at a desk all day in your glammed-out look, or are you on the run and interacting with lots of people? Maybe your days are 13 hours long, or maybe they’re done by lunchtime. Wear time regards how long a product will stay on your skin before breaking down, running off, or smearing. All three of these products have 12+ hours of wear time, so rest assured you can stay restless and flawless all at once.
- Finish- Do you prefer a matte finish or a silky finish? Do you like an airbrushed effect, or do you prefer to wear products that look more natural? The three products listed above have a variety of finishes, so be sure to select the one that meets your desires and needs for your go-to look. Although each product offers a slightly different finish between the three of them, all bases are covered.
- Formula- If you care about keeping your skin and the environment safe, be sure to check out the formulas in these three products. All of them offer simple formulas free of the “icky stuff” like parabens and fragrances. Some of the products here are also certified cruelty free and vegan, so if that is important to you, be sure to check the specifications lists in this article.
- Shade range- Everybody loves finding their perfect match. To so many people, supporting brands that cater to the possible skin tones is of utmost importance. With the human race being so diverse, supporting brands with large shade ranges helps improve the diversity and inclusivity of the beauty community as a whole. All three of today’s highlighted foundations have excellent shade ranges and color match guarantees. What’s your perfect shade?
What is the best way to apply my foundation?
Each product is slightly different, but most liquid foundations apply well with a beauty blender. You can find them for low prices at any store that carries makeup. For powder foundations, any large brush will do.
How do I select my skin tone when shopping online?
It’s simple- most mainstream beauty brand websites have online facial scanning tools to detect your shade and tints. A quick “find my foundation shade” web search will get you there.
What’s a good way to remove foundation?
My go-to method is using a cotton pad and micellar cleansing water. I wet the pad and simply wipe it across all areas of my face, rinsing the pad when it gets too full of product. Afterward, I use toner and moisturizer.