When planning a renovation or updating the interior of an apartment, you need to visually imagine how it will look after the renovation. It can be really difficult to think through all the aspects and details. That is why interior modeling programs and virtual staging solutions have been created. Huge galleries of decor and textures, along with a limitless number of room layout options, can visualize any space perfectly.
With the help of special computer programs, you can create any interior for your home. Make the house the way you want it to be: choose ceilings, floors, create the right lighting, pick up and arrange furniture and household items, and then see all this in a three-dimensional image. And you don’t need to draw anything. Designing a dining room, kitchen, living room, or nursery is not difficult at all. If you are the owner of small living space, then with the help of virtual staging, you can arrange interior details and furniture in such a way as to use every inch of space with maximum benefit and convenience.
What Virtual Staging Solutions Allow You to Do?
Modern technologies allow creating a virtual image of the future interior with incredible accuracy. In order for the virtual image of the future interior to meet the reality at 100%, it is necessary that interior elements, textures of finishing, and other materials are selected from the range of goods that can be subsequently purchased.
The virtual reality function allows you to erase the usual boundaries. Of course, design projects and drawings are great, but how to take into account all the subtleties and protect yourself from mistakes? Sometimes the most difficult task is to decide what exactly you want from your future apartment, in what style to order a project, and what it will be like in the end. At the concept stage, both designers and customers face difficulties. That’s when virtual design comes to the rescue.
Immersing yourself in a “virtual game,” you take an active part in the design of your own apartment. By checking a virtual design, you can clearly see whether the passage from the bed to the bedside table is conveniently thought out, whether the wardrobe fits harmoniously into the room setting, or whether the color palette is well-chosen. You can verify all the details at the development stage and will not have to change anything once the apartment renovation is done.
Benefits of Virtual Design
There is a whole pack of benefits that virtual staging solutions provide to both designers and customers:
- The ability to see all the details and nuances of the designed interior (e.g.: the location of electrical sockets and switches and evaluate the convenience of their placement);
- Accurately make a design project that you initially aim for;
- Ensure the convenience of space perception;
- Decent rendering quality;
- The ability to move in space, switch views, and check different lighting modes;
- Save time and money on the development of your perfect-match interior design.
With virtual staging software, it will become clear to you whether this newfangled chandelier will fit well into the overall decor of the room and if bright walls will be appropriate in combination with a light gray sofa or bulky curtains in a classic style. Instead of doubting whether to down with the doors connecting the kitchen and living room, check the virtual design and make an informative decision whether to create the free space. Virtual reality will also solve such small tasks as a skillful play of light and shadow and decorating rooms with small decor elements to create coziness.
Step-by-Step Creation of a Virtual Design Project
It is simply impossible to create a well-thought-out design project in one go. There are so many things to decide on and take into account. Modern apartment interior design includes several mandatory steps, which are impossible to skip:
- Making a measurement plan with reference to utilities;
- Planning a solution (explication of premises, furniture arrangement plan, selection of functional areas);
- Making installation plans (the plan of the dismantling of partitions and utilities; installation plan of partitions and element with marking of window and door openings; list of doorways);
- Deciding on lighting systems and their placement;
- Planing the placement of electrical equipment and low-voltage networks (bindings of sockets, electrical outlets, etc.; power and low current shield bindings);
- Deciding on a ceiling indicating the types of materials used;
- Deciding the placement of sanitary equipment;
- Linking external and internal air conditioning units;
- Deciding on a layout of tiles indicating the corners;
- Selecting key design elements;
- Making the configuration of the kitchen and kitchen appliances;
- Creating a three-dimensional virtual visualization of all rooms;
- Selecting/ approving finishing materials, lighting fixtures, sanitary equipment
As you can see, creating a virtual plan of the future premises is a multistep process, which requires some time and effort. However, using virtual staging is a good approach. Design presentation in digital format is the only way to accurately show the space. Creating virtual 3D tours and panoramas helps to avoid mistakes during work. Since all technical details are worked out and visualized on 3D drawings, the likelihood of mistakes and issues during the construction process is minimized. Creating a virtual tour involves showing the future result of the repair: zoning space, arranging furniture, and other interior accessories. Also, sketches are developed taking into account the placement of power lines, sewerage, and plumbing. So with virtual solutions, you can count on just a flawless design of any premises.
Creating virtual tours and 3D panoramas helps to evaluate the layout of the apartment, to consider the details of the interior, and make all the necessary changes during the design stage. Virtual 3D tours allow you to move from one room to another, explore the design from any angle, and see even the slightest detail. The interactive display creates the effect of presence and simulates a real visit to the house. That’s why you clearly know what you get when looking into virtual design projects. There are many good things about virtual staging solutions, and it is just great to use them all to your benefit.