Work smarter, not harder! This advice is not just for your daily tasks but also for online marketing. You need a reliable, effective strategy to promote your products, services, or brands online.
Search engine optimization or SEO is about using time-tested, high-value strategies that can increase traffic and improve visibility. SEO can turn your website around when correctly implemented, giving your brand more exposure and helping you gain authority in your industry or market.
Let’s focus on using smarter SEO to create websites that will work harder to promote your business. Once your business/startup starts making substantial revenue, you can hire an expert in growing private equity companies to promote further and expand your business.
1. Google Your Business
One practical and often overlooked strategy to find out how well your business is doing on Google is to check it out using a simple organic search. Consider the keywords you’re currently using to craft your content and use every keyword or keyphrase to search for your business.
Find out your site ranking for every keyword.
Are you on page one, two, etc.?
Are you on page one but just hanging on the bottom of the page?
Every marketer and website owner aims to be in the top ranks on page one of SERPs.
Meanwhile, searchers expect the sites they visit to be reputable and valuable. Therefore, it’s worth aiming for the top ranks in SERPs using SEO and a better user experience.
Consider these strategies when searching for your business on Google.
- Take note of your rank and the websites and businesses that rank higher than your site.
- Use keywords that rank you higher and change those that don’t produce good results.
- Consider a more natural, conversational tone when looking for your business on search.
- Use keyword planning tools like Google Keyword Planner to find better keywords.
2. Perform an SEO Audit
Conduct an SEO audit to check your website’s overall technical and content performance. Your site components can affect site performance and user experience. Thus, regular audits are vital to ensure everything is working.
An SEO audit uncovers areas of improvement that requires immediate attention. You’ll also find your site’s strengths and capitalize on them. An audit is a service provided mainly by SEO agencies before starting site optimization.
But if you want to get an audit done without taking any SEO service, you can use free SEO audits from various online SEO sites like Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Screaming Frog.
3. Take Advantage of Location Indicators
Adding location tags such as the city or area you’re serving or where your business is located can help improve your local organic searches. Your target customers in a specific area will easily find you through Google Search if you rank well in the SERP. They can then click through the result to explore your site further and understand your business and offerings.
Using location indicators also reduces your bounce rate. This metric is computed by dividing the number of visitors exiting your site without doing anything by the total visits. A high bounce rate could indicate that your website is not providing a good user experience and thus, dramatically affects your ranking. Consider these tips when using location indicators.
- Add your location to your page title and meta description to lead your local customers.
- Include your business location on your content title, landing page, and content.
- Create separate pages for every business location, using different strategies for each.
- Add photos of your physical store. Do this for every location.
- Optimize every location page with the services, contact details, hours of operation, etc.
4. Consider Google Webmaster Tools
Digital Authority Partners said technical SEO is an optimization strategy that can make your site more responsive to changes in Google’s algorithm updates. One of the best tools to promote technical SEO is Google Webmaster Tools.
Google Webmaster Tools was known as Google Search Console, a powerful tool that site owners can use to check how their websites work with Google. Webmaster Tools summarizes your site’s health, including technical, security, mobile, and crawl issues. It comes with metrics that can help you implement the right SEO strategies.
The best thing about Google Webmaster Tools is that it is free and works with Google Analytics and Ads. A few strategies to maximize Google Webmaster Tools for website optimization.
- Monitor clicks, impressions, average click-through rates, and your SERP position.
- Check indexing errors and warnings for broken codes, theme issues, and blocked URLs.
- Create a sitemap to boost your website crawlability and reduce indexing problems.
- Use the URL inspection tool to check and compare live URLs and indexed URLs.
- View site backlinks to see which domains link to you with the anchor text they are using.
5. Don’t Forget Google My Business
As of June 2022, Google remains the leader in online search engines, with an 84.73% share of the global search market. Meanwhile, Bing ranks far second at just 8.66%, while Yahoo! is only 2.59%. That means that you should never overlook optimizing your business using Google.
Aside from your website or blog, your Google My Business profile helps you gain more visibility on Google. Your GMB listing is the first thing your audience will see once they look for your business or search using your keywords.
Optimizing your GMB listing will help your customers find your business online and lead them to your physical location. You need to claim your listing to start managing your GMB profile. Once you’ve claimed your GMB, consider these strategies to optimize your listing and further promote your brand, service, or products.
- Use your correct business name on your profile.
- Use a local phone number, making sure your contact details are updated as necessary.
- Place correct hours of operation. Add holiday hours if applicable.
- Upload high-quality videos and photos of your business.
- Create an engaging business description.
- Encourage your customers to leave a review.
- Manage all reviews, even negative reviews, quickly and professionally.
- Create a separate GMB profile for each of your local branches.
You can boost your business’s visibility and increase site traffic with the best SEO strategies. Expert and practical SEO tactics like using Google Search to find your business, performing an SEO audit, and using Google Webmaster Tools must be a part of your intelligent strategies.
Finally, optimizing your GMB listing will promote your business online and lead your customers to your local shop. Consider these expert tips for smarter, more effective SEO strategies.